||Attachmate Management & Control Services Update for MCS
© 2003 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.
This update provides the following changes to MCS directory services and ID management. It can be applied to Management & Control Services (MCS) version 2.0.3.
- If you assign permissions to a group that contains subgroups, members of the subgroups automatically receive the same permissions as members of the main group.
- When you use NTDS directory services, you can now log in as a specific user.
- When you use NTDS directory services, your membership in groups is now recognized and you are granted access to resources to which your groups have access.
- In an Active Directory environment, you can now set up MCS directory services to point to a parent Active Directory domain, assign console access permission to users in a child domain, and log in to the MCS console as a user in the child domain.
- You can no longer specify 0 (zero) or a negative number for the Time Before Clearing Cache option in the Directory Services page.
- RACF user names can now contain both upper- and lower-case letters.
- LDAP directory services can now be configured for IBM SecureWay Directory Server 3.2.2.
- Attachmate e-Vantage Airlines SDK Resource Manager sessions for super clients will now close properly.
- Clustering support has been added for the new ID Manager server.
- You can now allocate host access IDs based on user names.