Attachmate e-Vantage ViewMaster Installation
ViewMaster is designed to be installed and run on each client. Since the viewers are not downloaded from a server, they load more quickly, and server failure or downtime will not adversely affect productivity.
Planning your installation involves understanding which components to install on which servers or clients, and how to handle such issues as load balancing. Review the terms of your license agreement before installing any components you might have to purchase additional licenses to install certain components on separate computers.
To provide server scalability, fail-over protection, and load balancing for the management components, you can install MCS on multiple servers across your network, creating a server cluster.
- Upgrading. Information for users with a previous version of an Attachmate product (or related third-party products); includes specific instructions on migrating configured sessions.
- System Requirements. Before you install any Attachmate e-Vantage ViewMaster component, review the operating system requirements, memory and disk space requirements, and other prerequisites for each component that you plan to install.
- Installing ViewMaster. Complete instructions for installing ViewMaster, which includes several different viewers for different types of hosts; select the components you want to install.
- Starting. Find out how to create Web pages that launch viewer or printer applets, and how easy it is using the ViewMaster Wizard.
- Presenting ViewMaster-Generated Web Pages from a Unix Server. Learn how to make the Web pages you created to launch viewer or printer applets available to users from a Unix server.