Setting the User Authentication Options
You can specify the authentication level for all presentations, controlling the login requirements for all users who have access rights.
|To specify the user authentication options
- In the MCS Selection panel, point to Products and then click Presentation Manager.
The Presentation Manager tree appears.
- In the Presentation Manager tree, click Presentation Authentication.
The Authentication page appears in the Management panel.
- From the Authentication Type list, select your preferred authentication level for users accessing the myAccess Links page:
||To require this level of access to the myAccess Links page
||No username or password.
||A username but not a password.
||Both a username and password.
|Client Certificate or Username/Password
||A client certificate request by Management & Control Services (MCS), which is validated against the certificate authority as well as the directory service used by MCS. If MCS doesn't receive a certificate, the user must provide both a username and password. This option allows for a gradual migration from username/password to client certificates.
|Client Certificate Only
||A client certificate request by Management & Control Services (MCS), which is validated against the certificate authority as well as the directory service used by MCS.
||If you select None, all users will be able to access all presentations, regardless of which users or groups are assigned to the presentations.
Any user name or password provided by the user is validated against the directory service used by MCS.
- Select Save Credentials in Cookie to set user access to Credentials Only Needed Once.
The authentication information is stored on the user's PC, and the user will need credentials only the first time he or she logs in.
Clear Save Credentials in Cookie to set user access to Credentials Needed Each Time.
||If the user's browser does not accept cookies, the user must log in each time he or she accesses the myAccess Links page, regardless of which option is selected.
- Select Require Encryption to set the encryption level for clients accessing the myAccess Links page to Access Requires Secure Connection.
Users must type the following to access the myAccess Links page:
Clear Require Encryption to set the encryption level for clients accessing the myAccess Links page to Secure Connection Not Required.
Authorized users can access the myAccess Links page using either a secure (https:) or an unsecure (http:) connection.
||The port number is required only for secure connections, and is defined on the MCS Security Services page. See the MCS Help for further information.
- Under Session Timeout, type the desired number of hours and minutes that can elapse before the user must restart the browser to access a new presentation.
- Click the Save button (located in the lower right corner at the bottom of the page).