- From the Tools menu, click Preferences.
- In the Server Address box, type the IP address or domain name of the server where Management & Control Services (MCS) is installed.
If you have multiple copies of MCS installed (known as a "server cluster"), you must specify the primary MCS server, rather than a Configuration Server. (For information on MCS server clustering, refer to "Overview of MCS Server Clustering" in the MCS Help.)
If Presentation Integrator is installed on the same server as MCS, you can use localhost as the server address.
All presentations, images, Web documents, and external headers and footers published using Presentation Integrator will be published to this location, and any published items that are retrieved by Presentation Integrator will be retrieved from this location.
- In the Server Port box, type the port number to use to access MCS (as specified during the installation of MCS).
- In the User ID box, type the user name that Presentation Integrator should use when accessing MCS.
This is typically system, although you can use any user name that has permission to access the MCS console. For more information, refer to the Help for MCS.
||If the Authentication Type for console access is Client Certificate Only, Presentation Integrator will not be able to communicate with MCS.
- In the Password box, type the password for the specified user name (if any).
For the system account, this is the password specified during the installation of MCS.
- Click OK.