Changing an ID Value
You can change the value of any ID assigned to any name at any time. For example, you can change the ID T099 to T100.
If the ID is currently allocated to a client, the session remains open and uses the currently allocated ID until the session closes.
|To change an ID value
- In the MCS selection panel, point to MCS Functions and then click ID Manager.
The ID Manager tree appears.
- In the ID Manager tree, click Configure.
The ID Manager property pages appear in the MCS management panel.
- Click the Assignments tab.
- In the Names list, click the name whose ID you want to change.
If the Names list does not display the desired name, make sure the appropriate option is selected in the Name Display group box.
- In the IDs list, click the ID whose value you want to change.
- Click Rename ID.
The name within the list becomes editable.
- Type the new value for the ID, and then click elsewhere on the list to indicate that you have completed your changes.