Releasing an ID
The ID Monitor page displays information about IDs that are currently in use by two different types of clients: super clients and simple clients.
- A simple client is a client that can request only one ID at a time, such as a networked computer running a viewer or printer applet.
- A super client is a client that can request multiple IDs simultaneously, such as a Smart Connector or a custom application developed using the e-Vantage Software Development Kit (SDK) for Unisys Mainframe Customers (UMC).
If a super client does not notify ID Manager when an ID is no longer in use, or if address tracking or other communication errors occur, you can release an allocated ID manually using the procedure described below. This ensures that the ID can then be used by other super clients or simple clients.
You can also release an ID allocated to simple client, but only when the current status is not Active (for example, if the session has closed but the lease timeout has not expired).
|To release an ID
- In the MCS selection panel, point to MCS Functions and then click ID Manager.
The ID Manager tree appears.
- In the ID Manager tree, click Configure.
The ID Manager property pages appear in the MCS management panel.
- Click the ID Monitor tab.
- From the Allocated IDs list, click the ID that you want to release.
You can select multiple IDs.
If the ID that you want to release does not appear in this list, make sure the appropriate option (Simple Clients or Super Clients) is selected.
- Click Release ID.
The ID moves from the Allocated IDs list to the Available IDs list.