Installing a Package on a Server Cluster
Management & Control Services (MCS) allows you to remotely install an MCS-compatible application or service on managed servers. When you install an application or service, you install it on a particular cluster; the application or service is then replicated across all of the servers in that cluster.
|To install a package (application or service) on a server cluster
- In the MCS selection panel, point to MCS Functions and then click Server Management.
The Server Management tree appears.
- In the Server Management tree, click Package Installer.
The Package Installer page appears in the MCS management panel.
- In the Clusters list, select the name of the cluster on which you want to install the package.
If you only have one server cluster, the default cluster name (MCS Cluster) is listed.
When you click the cluster name, the servers that belong to that cluster appear in the Servers list. Once the package installs successfully on the primary server in that cluster, it is then replicated across all secondary servers in that cluster.
- In the Products list, select the application or service that you want to install.
- Click Install to perform the installation.
Click Uninstall to remove the application or service from the selected cluster.
- Repeat steps 45 as needed to install additional packages on the selected cluster.
For details on this property page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.