Configuring a New Trace
Using Management & Control Services (MCS), you can configure traces to record a log of component (product) tasks or activities.
|To configure a new trace
- In the MCS selection panel, point to MCS Functions and then click Tracing.
The Tracing tree appears.
- In the Tracing tree, click Configure Traces.
The Configure Traces page appears in the MCS management panel.
- Click New.
The New Trace dialog box appears.
- On the New Trace dialog box, select a component (product) and the cluster and/or machine on which to trace the component, and then click OK.
||To display the Machine list for specifying a specific computer within a cluster, select Show machines in cluster, below the Cluster list.
The new trace appears in the Configured Traces list, with the Style list box displayed.
- From the Style list box, select either Component or End-to-End to specify the type of trace to perform.
A Component trace will trace activities (tasks) for the select component only, while an End-to-End trace will follow activities (tasks) between successive components (for example, from Presentation Builder to Smart Connectors). For more information on trace styles, see Overview of Tracing.
- Repeat steps 35 as needed to configure additional traces.
- When you are finished configuring new traces, click Save to save any new trace configurations.
For details on any of the options on this property page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.