Setting Console Access Permissions
The Permissions function of Management & Control Services (MCS) allows you to specify which of the users and groups that are included in the directory service can access the MCS console.
|To set user and group access permissions
- In the MCS selection panel, point to MCS Functions and then click MCS Security.
The MCS Security tree appears.
- In the MCS Security tree, click next to Console Access, or double-click Console Access, to expand the list of items.
- Click Permissions.
The Permissions page appears in the MCS management panel.
- From the Directory list box, select the users and/or groups for whom you want to grant permission to access the MCS console.
- Click Add to move the selected users and/or groups to the Assigned list box.
To remove users and/or groups from the Assigned list, select them from the Assigned list and then click Remove.
For details on this property page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click Save to activate your settings.
||It can take up to 10 minutes for a new user account to become active if that account's permissions are assigned by way of a group, rather than directly to the user.