Adding a User or Group
If you are using MCS Directory as the directory service for Management & Control Services (MCS), you can add users and/or groups to the MCS Directory as needed.
||For the other supported directory service types (LDAP, NIS, and NTDS), the user and group lists are maintained by that directory service. MCS references the user and group list provided by these directory services based on the server address you specify when configuring the directory service in MCS.
|To add users and groups to the MCS Directory
- In the MCS selection panel, point to MCS Functions and then click MCS Security.
The MCS Security tree appears.
- In the MCS Security tree, click next to Directory Services, or double-click Directory Services.
The Directory option appears.
- Click Directory.
The Directory page appears in the MCS management panel, displaying a list of all users and groups defined in the directory service.
- Click New User/Group in the upper-left corner of the Directory page.
The New User/Group Type page appears, prompting you to specify whether you are adding a user or a group.
- Select User to add a new user, or Group to add a new group, and then click Next.
One of the following appears, based on the selection you made:
- Complete the fields on the corresponding property page, and then click Finish.
The new user or group is added to the Directory list.
For details on any of the corresponding property pages, click Help on that page.
||It can take up to 10 minutes for a new user account to become active if that account's permissions are assigned by way of a group, rather than directly to the user.