Creating a Configuration
You can create configurations for any host type that appears in the Terminal Viewers navigation tree.
|To create a configuration
- In the MCS Selection panel, point to Products and then click Terminal Viewers.
The Terminal Viewers tree appears.
- In the Terminal Viewers tree, choose a host type.
If you're creating a Layout configuration, choose Terminal Layouts and skip the next two steps.
||In this release, Layouts can only include the following configuration types: 3270 Terminal, 3270 Printer, 5250 Terminal, 5250 Printer, and VT Terminal.
The configuration types you can configure for the selected host type appear.
- If necessary, click next to a configuration type to further expand the list of configuration types.
- Choose a configuration type.
The Configuration List page appears.
- On the Configuration List page, click New Configuration.
- Complete the New Configuration wizard.
||The host alias/IP address (on the Connection Properties page) is required; all other fields contain default settings that can be used on most systems.
When you have finished creating a host access configuration, a presentation is automatically created and stored in Presentation Manager.