Using Airlines SDK with Visual C++
Before Airlines SDK can be used with a Visual C++ project, the SDK COM classes must be added, the DLLs opened, and the Include path expanded. These steps must be repeated for every Visual C++ project using Airlines SDK. Once completed, the Airlines SDK COM classes are accessible within that project. A simple test project is recommended to ensure full functionality before project development.
||Attachmate e-Vantage Airlines SDK objects require Visual C++ v. 5.0 or later. Using SDK objects in Visual C++ applications requires a fundamental knowledge of the COM architecture.
Using the SDK with Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC)
||The following steps are based on Visual C++ v. 6.0.
|To include the Airlines SDK COM objects in Visual C++
Create a new MFC project, or open an existing project.
- From the View menu, select ClassWizard.
- On the Message Maps tab of the MFC ClassWizard dialog box, click Add Class, and then select From A Type Library.
- Access the Attachmate e-Vantage Airlines SDK installation directory. By default, the SDK is installed in:
- On the Import From Type Library dialog box, select ScreenFactory.dll and then click Open.
- On the Confirm Classes dialog box, click OK to confirm the selected object.
- Repeat the previous steps to also import Mutable.dll.
The selected objects appear on the ClassView tab.
- Add the Attachmate e-Vantage Airlines SDK Include directory (containing evSDKDefs.h) to your Include path. The default location of this directory is:
- Add evSDKDefs.h to your project.