Install the Databridge Host
Before you install, you'll need to determine the usercode and pack that you'll use to install. For best results, we recommend that you choose a privileged usercode and the primary pack. Use the following procedure to install the Databridge host software.
To install the Databridge Host
- Sign in to the privileged usercode. If you install from DVD to a nonprivileged usercode, all object files will be marked as restricted, which causes the installation WFL to pause (as explained in step 4).
- Copy the Databridge installation WFL (WFL/DATABRIDGE/INSTALL) to the host.
- If you're installing from uploaded files, upload DISKINSTALL and IMAGE files using a file transfer tool capable of binary/image transfers to the privileged usercode where Databridge is to be installed. Sign on to the usercode, and then use the following command:
WFL UNWRAP *= AS = OUTOF DISKINSTALL
- If you're installing from the DVD, decompress the file
WFL UNWRAP *= AS = OUTOF *CDINSTALL FROM DB63 (KIND=CDROM)
In the WFL file, change DATABRIDGE to the version-specific DVD name and save the file:
REP /FROM DATABRIDGE/ /FROM DB63/ : T
- If you're upgrading, back up the DATA/ENGINE/CONTROL directory in case problems exist with new keys.
- Start the Databridge Installation WFL.
When prompted, respond with "OK<Transmit>", and then enter Databridge keys.
- For first-time installations, create a new DBServer control file and edit it:
- Copy DATA/SERVER/SAMPLE/CONTROL AS DATA/SERVER/CONTROL
- Change SOURCE <datasourcename> to the name of the data source that the client uses.
- (Optional) Change TCP/IP Port = 11367 (the default) to the port you want to use.
- Change Database = DESCRIPTION/<databasename> ON <packname> to reflect the usercode/location of the description file for the database to be replicated.
- (Recommended) Enable the Databridge Plus software for near real-time access to audit files. Execute the following command (replacing <usercode> and <pack> with your values):
SL DBAUDITSUPPORT=(<usercode>)OBJECT/DATABRIDGE/AUDITSUPPORT ON <pack>:TRUSTED,LINKCLASS=3
- If you are upgrading, do the following:
- Bring down the Databridge Server using the AX QUIT command.
- Recompile your tailored support libraries by entering the following command (replacing <usercode>, <databasename>, and <pack> with your values):
START WFL/DATABRIDGE/COMP ("SUPPORT", "(<usercode>)<databasename> on
For more information on recompiling, see the Databridge Host Administrator's Guide.
- Start the Databridge Server:
- If your database uses guardfiles, you can include Databridge under database guardfile validation. See Set Up Guardfiles.
- For information about security options, see "Databridge Security" in the Databridge Host Administrator's Guide.