Importing a Configuration File
When you create or edit a Enterprise Server configuration file, observe the following formatting guidelines.
- The remote source configuration options must match the SOURCE settings in Databridge Server parameter file.
- The remote (or file) source must be declared before any of its local sources in the parameter file. Otherwise, options can be listed in any order.
- Multiple options can be listed on a single line, or can be split across multiple lines.
- No termination or continuation characters are required.
- The comment character is the pound sign (#). It can appear anywhere on a line; anything after the comment character is ignored.
To import a configuration file
Note: After the file is imported, any further configuration changes must be made via the user interface. (Note that restricted host lists can't be edited in the user interface.)
- Open the sample Enterprise Server configuration file. See Sample Configuration File.
- Save the sample configuration file with a new name in the Config directory.
- Using a text editor, in the configuration file specify the following sources:
- Remote source
- Local source(s) and their filters
- Specify any other configuration options while making sure to observe the formatting guidelines, and then save the file. See Configuration File Options.
- Import the configuration file using one of the following methods:
where configfilename is the name of the Enterprise Server configuration file. If the configuration file is in a different directory than the Enterprise Server Config subdirectory, enter the directory, too.
- From the DBEnterprise window, click the Import button, navigate to the file you want to import, and then click the Open button.
For both methods, a message informs you whether the import was successful. If successful, the Enterprise Server window updates with the new sources. This may take a while, depending on the number of sources you are creating and on your connection to the MCP server. If the import was not successful, consult the log file for the reason.
- After you've successfully imported the configuration file, provide the Databridge Clients with the information necessary to use the sources you just created. See Connecting Databridge Clients to Enterprise Server.