Installing Transaction Integrator
The Installation and Configuration Guide, in PDF format, walks you through the installation process.
There are three components or features of Transaction Integrator; the Designer, the Runtime Server, and the Client Feature, for both the CICS or IMS host. You can select which components to install for the host environment you are using.
WARNING! To avoid serious problems, uninstall Synapta Services Builder for CICS (IMS) before you install Transaction Integrator. While the co-existence of these products on the same computer is not supported, uninstalling does not remove existing data files. Legacy Synapta task definitions, host program definitions, and copybooks will still be available to import.
- Install the designer on a Windows platform.
- Web Builder, which generates interface objects, is installed when you install the designer.
The Runtime Server
- The runtime server can be installed in either a Windows or Unix environment.
- If you are using CICS, to coonect the runtime with a target CICS system on the mainframe using TCP/IP, you must first install the Attachmate TCP/IP connectivity feature. Read the Transaction Integrator CICS TCP/IP Connectivity Installation Guide for instructions.
- You must configure your runtime environment and start the Runtime Service before you can provide host access for your client operations. See the installation guide for the complete procedure.
The Client Feature
- The client files can be installed in either a Windows or Unix environment.
- This feature installs the necesseary client configuration files needed to run client applications.
- If you plan to use Web Builder to generate .NET Web services, the necessary client files must be installed on the same computer where the designer is installed.
To install the client files:
- From the installation program, click the Feature Selection tab.
- Click Install Now.