The Host Integrator Session Monitor is a debugging tool that enables you to
view real time host sessions connecting from Host Integrator Servers.
See the Session Monitor reference for
details on the Session Monitor.
view a session with the Session Monitor, you can see every aspect of the interaction
between the client application and the host. In addition to viewing host screens
in a session, you can also record a snapshot of the images. Playing these snapshots
is useful for finding errors.
To learn about the Session Monitor, create a java web application
for CICSAcctsDemo. The step-by-step example below tests a web application generated
by Web Builder.
Deploy the Model with a Session Pool
- To test an application for your local Development Kit environment, open
your model in the Design Tool and click File > Deployment Options.
- On the Sessions tab, click Deploy as a session pool. Accept the default
name, pool1, or enter a new name for the session pool. To simplify tracking,
set the minimum and maximum session pool to 1 and 1. Click OK.
Note: These deployment options apply to the model only when it is
deployed on the local server.
- Save the model and deploy it to the local server (click File > Deploy
to Local Server).
See help on deployment
to learn more about Host Integrator deployment.
Generate a Web Application
See the Web
Builder help if you're not familiar with using this tool to create web applications.
- Open Web Builder and create a Web Application based on the model you have
deployed. For example, create a java web application for CICSAcctsDemo.
- When creating the web application, use the following model connection properties:
- Connect to session pool via server
- Host Integrator session pool name: <the session pool created earlier>
- After building the web project, run the application.
Monitor the Session
- Open Session Monitor by clicking Programs > Attachmate Verastream > Host
Integrator > Session Monitor.
- Click the active session associated with the pool name for the application
you are running.
- The session view window opens.
- Return to the web application. Type W in the Last name for an account search
field and then click Search for an account.
- The session view window in the Session Monitor shows the host screens and
the navigation that is performed when you request the option. The current
state of the session is represented, including the cursor position. The session
window displays a real time view of the state of the session. All entity navigations
and attribute updates are visible.