Debug menu > Validator
The Host Integrator Validator evaluates your host application model for errors. You must resolve all errors reported in the Validator before you can deploy it to a Host Integrator server.
The Validator evaluates the following aspects of a host application model:
All variables must have a unique name and be complete.
Model tables are tested for the following:
- All table names are unique.
- The minimum value of all integer table columns is less than the maximum value.
- The minimum length of all text table columns is less than the maximum length.
- Type mismatches between filter parameters and output parameters that are mapped to each other. For example, a mismatch occurs if a filter parameter is a string type and the output parameter it is mapped to is an integer.
- All filter, data, and output parameters are used in the procedure.
- All branch entities in a procedure are either the primary or alternate destination of the selected operation.
- A route exists between all entities in a procedure.
- All attributes marked as required for an operation are mapped to input parameters in a procedure.
- All attributes mapped to input parameters are writable.
- All attributes mapped to output parameters are readable.
All entities must be unique, and there must be a valid operation that is able to navigate to every entity in the model.
Note: A warning appears if navigation does not exist between an entity and its home entity.
All event handlers must be up to date with the associated libraries. Click Rebuild on the Events menu to rebuild the event handler libraries.
Validating a model
- Open the model you want to validate in the Design Tool and from the Debug menu, select Vaidate.
All imported models are automatically validated unless you clear that option on the Import tab of the Preferences dialog box.
- In Validator, select the model elements you want to evaluate. You can evaluate Variables, Tables, Entities, and Event Handlers.
- Click Validate. When complete, a validation report appears in the results box.
See the Validation Report topic for more information on interpreting the results.