Table Wizard Columns -- Step 2
In step two of the Table Wizard, you define columns for the table. Using a
procedure, each column in a table can be associated with a particular attribute
or recordset field in your host application model. Only columns you add to a
table will be available to queries from client applications. Columns contain
the type definition of each attribute and recordset field, along with a description
and whether the column is a key.
To add columns to the table:
- Click the Add Column button and enter the name of the column in the Name
Give the column a name that corresponds to the name of the associated attribute
or recordset field to help keep the table column and the attribute or recordset
field closely linked.
- Select the data type for the column by clicking the down arrow at the far
right side of the Data Type box to display the data type list. The
options are Integer, String, or Float.
- If this column is a key, select the Key box.
- Enter a description of the column in the Description box.
- If required, specify the column's minimum and maximum properties in the
Column properties minimum/maximum boxes.
Click Next to proceed to the next step, or click Finish to exit the Table Wizard.