The Operation tab is used to edit or define operations
on a selected entity. If you've just added
a new operation to your model, the following options will be available:
- Contains the name or names of the currently defined operations.
When you add a new operation to an entity, a default name, such as Operation_1,
is generated. To change the default name, select it and type a new name in
the Name box. Use the five
buttons next to the Name box to add, copy, delete, check advanced
operation properties, or test your new operation.
Note: If you want to test an operation that is related to a recordset,
use the Test Recordset dialog box instead
of the Execute button.
- Select the default destination for the current operation from this list.
Once a destination entity is selected, the Design Tool expects that the selected
operation will traverse to it. If the commands in the operation do not lead
to the specified destination, a runtime error will occur unless any alternative
destinations are selected in the Operation
Destinations dialog box.
- Use for navigation commands to this destination
- Two entities can have several operations defined to traverse between them;
however, for a given entity, there should be at least one "default"
operation defined to all adjacent entities. This means that when a dynamic
traversal is requested and that traversal needs to jump from the current
entity to an adjacent entity, the corresponding default operation will be
used. To designate this default operation for a given destination entity,
select the Use for navigation commands to this destination check box
when the desired operation is selected in the Name box.
- Command list
- Displays a read-only list of commands that will be issued in order for the
Design Tool to move between entities. To edit the list, click the Edit
button to open the Operation Edit
dialog box. To test and debug the command list, click the Debug
button to open the Command Debug dialog
- Contains the following options for defining the properties of an operation:
- Click either of the following buttons to configure conditions and advanced
destination options for your operation: