Preferences control the behavior of the Design Tool. These settings do not
have any effect on a model deployed on a server.
The following options are available on the General tab of the Preferences
Setup dialog box:
- When model file opened
- Connect to host
- Select this option if you want the Design Tool to automatically connect
to the host when you load a model file.
- When connected to host
- Execute login commands
- Select this option if you want the Design Tool to execute a login
command list when your model connects to a host. For instructions, see
creating a login command list.
- This option also navigates to the home entity and initiates any associated
- When disconnected from host
- Execute logout commands
- Select this option if you want the Design Tool to execute a logout
command list when your model disconnects from a host. For instructions,
see creating a logout command list.
- When Host Integrator exits
- Save model
- Select this option if you want to automatically save your model when you
exit the Design Tool.
- Confirm exit
- Select this option if you want the Design Tool to display a confirmation
dialog box before exiting.
- Edit Options
- Show Table Wizard
- Select this option if you want the Design Tool to launch the Table
Wizard whenever you open the Tables
- Initial Design Tool window position
- Select Position saved with model if you want the Design Tool to use
the window position that was current when you last saved the model. Select
Last position used to open the model with current window position the
next time you open the Design Tool. The Default option does not save any window