You can copy patterns, attributes, or recordsets, to create new model objects based on objects you have already defined within an entity. You can also copy tables and procedures and complete entities can be replicated.
To Copy an Object
- Click Create Copy on the options list next to the following buttons:
The copied object will be assigned a name similar to the original object with a number appended (for example, Password_2).
- Make the necessary modifications to the new copy.
To Avoid Problems:
- If you copy a pattern that is configured to be a signature pattern for an entity, edit the pattern characteristics to avoid invalid signatures.
- When you copy an entity, identify a signature that uniquely identifies the entity. It cannot have the same signature as the source entity you copied from.
- Avoid copying an object that is relative to a pattern, since the relative relationship is usually not the same for the new object.
- Copying or importing operations that act on entity-specific objects may not function as originally designed, even if each command in the operation is copied successfully.