Adding Operations to an Entity
Once you've created an entity and have added patterns and attributes to that
entity, you're ready to add or edit an operation.
To add or edit an operation:
Note: Object names for entities,
recordset fields, and, variables
are not case sensitive.
- On the Operation tab, click the New
Operation button in the Name box.
- By default, the operation is named Operation_1. To change the name,
select it and type a new name in the Name box.
- Configure your new operation using the Destination box, Command
list box, and Properties box.
- After configuring your operation, click Apply to save your changes.
To copy an operation:
Once you have created an operation, you may need to create another that is similar. You can copy the operation and then make the necessary modifications to the copy.
- Select the operation you want to copy.
- Click the list next to the New Operation button and select Create Copy. A new operation with a similar name and a number appended to the end is created. Example: ToMainMenu_2.
- Modify the new operation so that it is distinguishable from the operation on which it is based.