Supporting Model Files
The following is a sample list of information that could be saved in a .model
In addition to creating a model file, the Design Tool also generates the following
- Screen snapshots file (.snapshot
file) contains a captured image of a defined entity,
which can be viewed during offline
design of the model with the Host Emulator.
- Screen trace files (.hetrace),
located in the Traces folders, are used with the Host
Emulator to provide a live host simulation of the model. The trace files
are mainly used for onsite debugging to assist technical support in
pinpointing issues concerning a model.
- Navigation file (.nav
file) is also used by the Host Emulator
for navigation purposes.
- Event handler files, located in the \scripts folder within each model
folder. Source files, JAR files, and class files associated with event
handlers are stored within this folder.
- Deployment files, located in the \deploy folder, are generated after you deploy the model to the local server.
If you're ready to begin modeling, review The
- If you want to save the settings for this model so that it will be the basis
for creating other models, select Save
Settings As. The .dtool file you create can include Design Tool-specific
configuration information such as window size, colors, keymapping, and preferences,
as well as information about the host application and connection settings.
- When you decide to deploy your model to the Host Integrator Server, use
Deploy to local server or Deploy
to test server. Use deployment commands
to deploy models to other Host Integrator Session Servers.