Debugging Host Application Models
The Design Tool provides several ways to test and debug host application models.
Use the options on the Debug menu to confirm that
your model is operating as you expect and is ready to deploy. The session
monitor and log monitor are troubleshooting
and debugging utilities that you can run outside of the Design Tool.
Before You Deploy Your Model
Here are some additional ideas for validating that your model will work as
you expect and will be easy to maintain.
Use offline mode to move to each entity
you have created and use the operations tab to review each operation.
- Confirm that your naming conventions are consistent with the operation performed.
Are your constant values correctly spelled and specified? Review the Modeling
- Remove checkOperationConditions commands
unless there is an actual condition to check. Removing any extra checks of
this sort will improve model performance.
- Make sure all constant values use TransmitToAttr
(as opposed to DefaultValue) when an attribute is available.
- Delete any unneeded entities, attributes, and operations. You may have extraneous
commands that were inadvertently included when you were in Record
- Some setting preferences for a model when tested in the Design Tool may
not be the same when it is deployed on the Host Integrator Server. Check the
setting for Apply default value