Since configuring type options is possible for both attributes
and recordset fields, select either
the Attribute Properties tab or
the Recordset Fields tab to view the
Type box. These options allow you to specify whether or not data can
be accessed by one of the Host
Integrator connectors. If both Read and Write are cleared,
the Host Integrator will reject any attempt to save the entity.
The choices include the following:
- Select this check box to allow Host Integrator to read the host data contained
in this attribute or recordset field at runtime. By default, this option is
selected if protected fields exist on the entity. Note: The Read
check box should not be selected if the attribute or recordset field contains
or is to contain secure information such as a password.
- Select this check box to allow Host Integrator to write host data to this
attribute or recordset field at runtime. This check box is available even when
an attribute or field is not writable to cover cases the protected state can
change dynamically based on the data sent from the host.
- Note: When configuring a write attribute, do not use the Any Row
or Any Column to specify a start position
or end position.
- Select this check box to hide the existence of the attribute or recordset
field from one of the Host Integrator connectors.
- Enable terminal attributes
- Select this check box to make terminal attributes accessible from a Host
Note: You must select this check box to enable and read terminal
attributes using one of the Host Integrator APIs, specifically when using
the EnableTerminalAttributes method. Search for "EnableTerminalAttributes"
in the Host
Integrator API Reference for more information.