Record Size (Recordset Layout Tab)
Allows you to define the size of the each recordset with the following options:
- Default. Select this if your recordset takes up a set number of rows. The
default is one row.
- Select this option to specify where the beginning and end of a recordset
are on an entity. Note: The Delimit by and End of screen
is always a delimiter options will be available if Variable is
- Delimit by
- Select an option to specify delimiters with text and the horizontal placement
of the text within a recordset. The following options are provided: <Blank
line> (default), <Any
number>, or <User
specified text>. If you select an option other than <Blank
line>, click the Advanced Delimiter Properties button to open the
Advanced Recordset Delimiter
Properties dialog box.
- Start col
- If you select <Any
text> or <Any
number> in the Delimit
by box, select an option from this list to specify how the delimiter should
be handled by the Design Tool. The following options are provided: Any
Column or First Column (default). You can also numerically select
your start column by using the up and down arrows.
- End col
- Specify the end column of your recordset to match the End specified
in the Column location box.
- Text (type or select it from the terminal screen)
- If you selected <User
above, use this text box to type the text you want to use for your delimiter.
- Note: If you select a portion of the terminal screen that falls within
the recordset and click the ! button, the Design Tool will update and
transfer the written contents to the text control and the horizontal location
to the column control.
When enabled, the following check boxes describe the physical characteristics
of the recordset field as recognized by the host:
- Field type
- Text color
Note: The Design Tool displays different host display settings for
different types of terminal sessions. For 3270 and 5250 sessions, the
Design Tool displays the above options.
For VT sessions and some character
mode HP sessions, the Field type and Text color check boxes
are replaced with the following:
- Case sensitive
- Specifies whether or not text, either typed or selected from the terminal
screen, will be stored as case sensitive text in your model.
- End of screen is always a delimiter
- Select this check box if you want the Host Integrator to always start a
new record after iteration. Warning: If you select this option, do
not select the Host overlaps records across screens option under Scrolling
behavior in the Recordset Options