Using the Design Tool to Deploy a Model
To use the Design Tool to deploy a model, do the following:
Note: If your integration solution includes a web application created
with Verastream's Web Builder,
you must also deploy the web application files. See Deploying
a Verastream Web Application for more information.
Select Deployment Options
The Deploy to Local Server or Deploy to Test Server commands on the Design Tool's File menu, deploy
the model using the default host name and port number, with no session
pool. To modify these defaults or to use a session pool, set deployment options:
- On the File menu, select Deployment Options.
- The Host tab of the Deployment Options dialog box displays the host
name and port number that the server will connect to when the model is loaded.
If you don't use the Deployment Options dialog box, the Deploy to Local Server
command will deploy the model using the default host name and port number,
and without a session pool.
The first time this dialog box is used with a particular model, the host name
and port numbers displayed are copied from the default values stored in the
model file. Using the edit boxes on the Host tab, change these to
whatever is required for your server.
- The Sessions connect to host defined by model will use the settings
in the Session Settings dialog box.
- To use host settings other than those specified in the Sessions Settings
dialog box, click Sessions connect to specified host and type in a
host name and port number.
- Proceed to the Sessions tab. To deploy the model without
using a session pool, select the Deploy as a single session radio button
and skip to step 7 below.
If your model uses a session pool,
select the Deploy as a session pool radio button and provide the
session pool name, the startup entity name, and the minimum and maximum
numbers of sessions.
- Proceed to the Variables tab. If the default variable values stored
in the model are suitable for all pooled sessions, clear the Provide variable
values for pool check box and proceed to step 7.
Otherwise, check the Provide variable values for pool check box and
proceed to the next step.
- The names of the variables defined in the model appear in the Variable
column of the Variable names table.
Select the Include check box for each variable which must have a non-default
Select the Unique check box for each variable which must have a different
value for every session in the pool. (At least one variable must be marked
Select the Hidden check box for variable values that must be encrypted
in the deployment and server configuration files. This check box is checked
by default for variables marked as "hidden" in the model.
- Use the Variable values table to assign values to your variables.
The table will contain a row for each session. The number of rows is equal
to the maximum session pool size.
The Session (leftmost) column numbers the sessions in the pool. Additional
columns, each labeled with an "included" variable name, appear to
the right. Enter a value for each variable name in each session.
- The Recording tab controls model debug options. The default, Record Nothing, is appropriate for most cases. Change these settings if you want to take advantage of the Model Debug Messages feature.
- Click OK to close the Deployment Options dialog box.
Resetting deployment options
Click the Defaults button to reset the model's deployment options back to the default settings.
Deploy to the Local Server
- On the File menu, select Deploy to Local Server.
- Click OK to dismiss the confirmation dialog box.
Deploy to Test Server
You can use a Host Integrator server other than the one included with the Design
Tool for your test deployment.
Note: This option is limited to the same basic settings as the local
server deployment; it does not include all the options available when deploying
to a non-local server using the packagemodel
and activatemodel commands.
- On the File menu, select Deploy to Test Server.
- Type in the name of the Verastream server. This is a network name or IP
- Click Deploy.
View the Deployed Model in the Administrative WebStation
Now you can view the model you just deployed using the Administrative WebStation:
- Click the Start button and point to Programs > Attachmate Verastream > Host
Integrator > Administrative WebStation.
- While in View Mode, click Servers in the navigation tree on the left.
- Click the name of the local host to which you deployed the model.
- Click Server Configuration.
- Click Model Configuration, then click Models. The model you
just deployed is listed.