Working with Model Variables
When you build a model in the Host Integrator Design Tool, you can create model
variables, which are placeholders for data. Situations where model variables
are useful include:
- The same model variable value needs to be used for all sessions in a session
- Host user IDs and passwords must be provided for all sessions in a session
pool, rather than being provided by the user.
You can accomplish these tasks by configuring your session
pools to provide values for the model variables in the models in your session
pools. To use the value for all sessions in a pool, configure an individual
model variable. If you need to provide a unique model variable value for each
session in the pool, create a model variable
list that contains a set of values for the model variables in the model
on which your session pool is based.
Note: When the data object
provides a value for a model variable, it overrides any model variable values
that have been assigned in the Administrative WebStation.
For more information about creating model variables in the Design Tool, search
for "Model variable" in the Development Kit
Values for individual model variables are associated with session pools. To
configure an individual model variable:
- Log on to the Administrative WebStation using the Administrator profile
and switch it to configure mode.
- Create a session pool, if you have not already
- In the navigation tree, under the name of your session pool, click Model
- In the Model Variables panel, click Add Variable, which adds a row to the
Model Variables table.
- In the Model Variable Name column, select the variable you want to work
with. By default, all models have the variables user ID and password. The
model you're working with may have additional variables; these were designated
when the model was created in the Design Tool.
- In the Model Variable Value column, enter the value you want to provide
for this variable. This value will override the default value for this variable
specified in the model.
Note: The model variable value you provide here will be used for all
sessions in the session pool. If you want to provide a unique value for each
session, create a model variable list.
- If you do not want the value of this variable to be displayed in the Administrative
WebStation when the Administrative WebStation is in view mode, select the
check box in the Do not show this variable's value column. These variables
are encrypted. This corresponds to Encrypt value in the Design Tool.
Note: The variable's value will be displayed when the Administrative
WebStation is in configure mode, regardless of this setting.
- Click Submit or Save.
© 1999-2007 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.