The Log Messages panel allows you to specify which Host Integrator messages
interact with the SNMP subsystem when they occur during operation.
For information about the Host Integrator SNMP feature, see SNMP
To configure SNMP log messages:
- Log on to the Administrative WebStation using an Administrator profile and
switch it to configure mode.
- In the Administrative WebStation navigation tree, click the name of the
server you want to configure, and then click Server Configuration.
- In the navigation tree, click Server Configuration, click SNMP Configuration,
and then click Log Messages.
- In the navigation tree, messages are divided into several categories.
Select a category to configure.
- Each log message category panel displays a table, listing the log
message ID, type, and description of each message. The last column in the
table allows you to specify how you want this message handled. Select one
of the following:
- Don't monitor with SNMP select this option if you do not want
the SNMP subsystem to track occurrences of this message.
- Monitor in SNMP MIB select this option if you want the SNMP subsystem
to track occurrences of this message. When a Network Management Station
performs an SNMP GET for monitored events, the Host Integrator Server
will include occurrences of this message in the response.
- Send SNMP trap and monitor in SNMP MIB When this message occurs, send
an SNMP trap to all configured Network Management Stations in addition to tracking
occurrences in the MIB.
- After you complete this panel, click Submit.
- Repeat this process for each category you want to configure.
- Click Submit or Save to save your
© 1999-2007 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.