Before you can run a model on the Host Emulator, you must add it to the Host
Emulator's configuration. When you add a model, you don't actually copy it to
the Host Emulator. Instead, you configure the Host Emulator to connect to the
model so you can run it.
Before you create a model to be used with the Host Emulator, follow these
steps in the Design Tool:
- On the Connection menu, point to Host Emulator Recording, and select Enable.
This allows you to record screen traces as you create your model.
- On the Connection menu, point to Host Emulator Recording, and click Screen
Traces Status to open the Host Emulator Screen Traces Status dialog box.
Note: Use this dialog box to make sure there are no missing traces.
An exclamation point means that your entity or operation is missing a screen
trace. If you are missing a screen trace, select Overwrite traces on the
Connection menu. Then, use the Entity window to navigate to the entity and
select the operation in question from the Operation tab. Click the Execute
button to update the trace.
- On the File menu, click Save and select the Save Host Emulator navigation
file check box before saving your model. Note: Make sure to save
a navigation file for your model in the Design Tool before exiting or it will
not be recognized by the Host Emulator.
To add a model to the Host Emulator:
- If you have not already configured the Preferences
panel, click Preferences and specify the folder where the model files are
stored. Click either Submit or Save, and then click
Back to the list of models.
- On the Models panel, click Add Model.
- Configure the Model Parameters panel for the
model you want to add, and then click Submit or Save.
© 1999-2007 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.