What's New in Version 6.0
This release of Verastream® Host
Integrator offers enhancements to existing features and several new features.
Use this document to review the new features and functionality and to link to
information about each topic.
If you are upgrading to version 6.0, see Upgrading
from Host Integrator 5.5 to 6.0 and visit the Attachmate support site for more details.
The enhancements to Host Integrator version 6.0 include the following:
- You can now copy objects while creating models in the Design Tool. This
time-saving feature allows you to reuse already created entities, tables, and procedures instead of building
each one separately.
- A new model debugging feature provides you with more information to diagnose
a problem and repair a malfunctioning model. It provides a view of past
behavior that demonstrates a model interacting with a terminal datastream,
allowing you to diagnose and repair screen recognition, data read and/or write,
and synchronization flaws in a model. This feature is particularly
helpful for those model designers working with VT hosts, where synchronization
issues are more common.
- You can choose which model procedures you want to make available for Web Builder projects, and you can choose between two layout options for procedure results. Procedures within a project can also include a Process String event handler and a prompt for an SQL statement.
- Within the Design Tool, you can now deploy a model to a test Host Integrator
server other than the local server. You can also launch deployment commands
from the Start menu.
- Rogue session management within a session pool has been added. For example, a session exhibiting the circular behavior associated with an expired password in the model variable list can be automatically "quarantined" until you have addressed the underlying problem.