Click Validator on the Debug menu to display the Host Integrator Validator.
The Validator evaluates your host application model for errors. The Validator
must report no errors with your model before a Host Integrator Server will
allow you to deploy it.
The Validator evaluates the following aspects of a host application model:
All variables must
have a unique name and be complete.
Model tables are tested for the following:
- All table names are unique.
- The minimum value of all integer table columns is less than the maximum
- The minimum length of all text table columns is less than the maximum length.
- Type mismatches between filter parameters and output parameters that are
mapped to each other. For example, a mismatch occurs if a filter parameter
is a string type and the output parameter it is mapped to is an integer.
- All filter, data, and output parameters are used in the procedure.
- All branch entities in a procedure are either the primary or alternate destination
of the selected operation.
- A route exists between all entities in a procedure.
- All attributes marked as required for an operation are mapped to input parameters
in a procedure.
- All attributes mapped to input parameters are writable.
- All attributes mapped to output parameters are readable.
All entities must
be unique, and there must be a valid operation that is able to navigate to
every entity in the model.
Note: A warning will appear if there is no navigation between an entity
and the home entity.
All event handlers must be up to date with the associated libraries. Click
Rebuild on the Events menu to rebuild the event handler libraries.
Validating a model
Use these steps to validate a model:
- Open the model you want to validate in the Design Tool.
- Select the model elements you want to evaluate by clicking the check box
next to it.
- Click the Validate button. The model's features will be validated as described
above. When the validation concludes, a validation
report appears in the Validation results box.
© 1999-2007 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.