The Recordset Test dialog box allows you to test recordsets before the model
file is deployed to the Host Integrator Server
and accessible to client applications written using the connector
APIs. All of the recordset actions listed below simulate the capabilities
of recordset methods provided with the connectors. This dialog box allows you
to test these methods with the host application model before using the connectors
to create a client application.
Configure the following options to create a test of the current recordset:
- Displays a list of defined recordsets. By default, the recordset that appears
in the Name box is selected.
- Displays a list of defined actions for the selected recordset. A model
example, located in your
\<VHI install directory>\models
folder, is used to demonstrate the following recordset actions:
Note: After executing the first Fetch Records, you must reset
the recordset by executing the Set Current Record Index action. When
Host Integrator arrives at an entity with a recordset, it will always indicate the current
record is at a record index of 0, which means before the first record. Any
subsequent fetch of data will then start with the first record and proceed
normally. In addition, the current recordset index action available in this
dialog box works independently of operations configured on the Operation
tab. If you want to test an operation that is not related to a recordset,
use the Execute button on
the Operation tab instead of the options available in this dialog box.
- Filter string
- To customize your test, you can create a string in the Condition
Edit dialog box to narrow your fetch to certain record or records in the
recordset. To open the Condition Edit dialog box, click the Edit button.
- Limit fetch to __ records
- Select this check box and type the number of records to fetch. The fetch
will begin with the line number indicated by the Current record index
at the bottom of this dialog box. Example: If you set your current
record index to line 5, and you want to fetch 20 records beginning at line
5, select this check box and type 20 in the box. Select Fetch Records
and click Execute; the first 20 records beginning at line 5 should be returned
in the Fetch returned box.
- Synchronize button
- Click this button to synchronize after an entity change. This button is available after a recordset fetch terminates due to a change in an entity.
- Copy fetch results button
- Click this button to copy your fetch results onto the Windows Clipboard.
- Execute button
- Click this button to execute the selected action.
- Edit button
- Click this button to open the Condition Edit
- Fetch returned
- Displays the results of the data fetch test.
- Perform Scrolling Operations
- Click any of the available buttons to test scrolling
operations that have been defined for the current recordset.
Note: Testing recordsets will only function while you are connected
to a host or using the Host Emulator.
© 1999-2007 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.