Troubleshooting Host Connections
I can't connect to my host.
You may not be able to connect to the host for the following
- The host and transport settings you specified in the Session
Setup dialog box are not being recognized by the Design Tool. Verify your
settings are correct and try connecting again.
- If you see a blank screen after establishing a host connection, the problem
may be that the host has sent a disconnect to the Design Tool. Some hosts
do this if they don't recognize the terminal type you have selected. When
the host sends a disconnect, the Design Tool displays the following message
in red on the bottom of the terminal screen:
Your connection to <host name> has been terminated.
- To solve this, select a different model ID in the Session
Setup dialog box and try connecting again.
- The host may be unavailable temporarily or the network hardware may be
malfunctioning. Check with your system administrator or try connecting again
- The network hardware may be malfunctioning. Check with your system administrator
or try connecting again later.
I suspect there's a problem with my model when trying to connect to the
If you suspect a host problem could be associated with running the model itself,
try deleting a login command list if present. This will allow you to see the individual
steps involved in the sequence and may resolve any issues in timing associated
with the command list.
© 1999-2007 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.