Adding Patterns to an Entity
To add a pattern
to an entity:
- Once you've created an entity, use the cursor to select a static
section of the host screen to create a pattern.
Each pattern can have up to 259 characters. Note: You can choose
to auto-generate patterns by
clicking the Auto-generate button, but you will still have to assign
properties and error conditions to these patterns on the Pattern
- On the Pattern tab, click the New
Pattern button. All of the other options on this tab will be unavailable.
- By default, the pattern is named Pattern_1. To change the name, select
it and type a new name in the Name box.
The Design Tool has now recorded the position, properties, and the signature
parameters of the pattern.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Now, add attributes to identify
text fields on the entity.
Note: Object names for entities,
recordset fields, and, variables
are not case sensitive.
To copy a pattern:
Once you have created a pattern, you may need to create another that is similar. You can copy the pattern and then make the necessary modifications to the copy.
- Select the pattern you want to copy.
- Click the list next to the New Pattern button and select Create Copy. A new operation with a similar name and a number appended to the end is created. Example: Pattern_2_2.
- Modify the new pattern so that it is distinguishable from the pattern on which it is based.
Note:If you copy a pattern that is configured to be a signature pattern for an entity, be sure to edit the pattern characteristics to avoid invalid signatures.
© 1999-2007 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.