To insert a specific record or multiple records into a recordset:
Note: Once you execute an insert on a recordset, you need to reset the
recordset by either navigating away from it and returning, or executing the home
operation on the recordset before executing any other method on it.
- Confirm that SIDemoMaster.model is open in the Host
Emulator, then open SIDemo.model in the Design Tool.
- On the Connection menu, click connect to localhost via Telnet.
- From the Entity list on the Entity window,
- Click the Recordset tab and
select CustomerList from the Name box.
- Click the Test button to
open the Test Recordset dialog box.
- Select Insert Record from the Action box.
- In the Insert record box, notice that the Select and
Customer fields have been created for
this recordset and are listed in rows.
- To insert a record, type B. JONES into the Customer text box
under the Value column.
- Click Execute.
If the insert is successful, the record contents should appear in the
© 1999-2007 Attachmate Corporation. All rights reserved.