Generating Apache Axis Web Services
Before you can generate a Web service from your task to use with Apache Axis, you will need to install Apache ANT and Apache Axis, and configure the paths to these applications from Task Builder. For details, see Installing and Configuring Apache Axis for Use with Synapta Services Builder.
When you generate Web services for Apache Axis, a bean is generated, which is essentially identical to a service bean, except that it includes a Web Service Deployment Descriptor (WSDD) for deployment to the Apache Axis server. The following files are also created:
- an XML document to configure Apache Axis
- two WSDD files one for deploying; the other for undeploying the Web service
|To generate Apache Axis Web services
- In Task Builder, from Tools, select Options.
- From the Generating page, select Apache Axis, and click Properties.
|Set this property
The value for this field is populated when Task Builder is installed. You must retain the value setting displayed here.
This should be the path to the Axis folder copied to the Tomcat_install_location\webapps folder.
||The port on which the Tomcat server is running, and where Axis is installed and configured to run. (The default: 8080.)
- Verify that your Java compilation environment has been set in Task Builder, by choosing, from the Tools menu, Options, then Compiling.
Locations for Sun Java 2 SDK (JDK) and Apache ANT build should both be set.
- Once you have created a Task Definition, click the Generate button.
- Select a task file containing the inputs and outputs you want to implement in your generated task, and then click Next.
- Select Apache Axis under Web services.
You can optionally select other task interface types to generate. If you want to generate only an Apache Axis Web service, clear the other types of interface objects selected.
Interface object types are automatically selected for option types that are configured from the Options dialog box.
- When you have finished with your selections, click the Generate button.
The Generation Results dialog box displays, indicating the results of the generation process, and listing the files generated in the following folder: