- Copy your COBOL copybooks to a location accessible from your workstation, such as a network share.
||If a copybook file used to create IMS program aliases is moved, renamed, or deleted, the next time Task Builder starts, all task definitions based on that IMS program alias will cause an error when loading. Although the files will load correctly, they will not be displayed in Task Builder in the list of Existing Task Definitions. And, if you cannot select the task definition, you cannot edit or delete it. To resolve this issue, restore the copybook file that was changed, and then restart Task Builder.
- In the Designer Studio window, from the Designer menu, click Task Builder for IMS.
- In the Task Builder Guide, click the IMS Program Alias button.
- In the first screen, click New from the row of buttons at the bottom of the window.
- (Optional) Type the IMS Program Name.
This field is optional. This should be the name by which it is known on the mainframe.
- Under the Program I/O area, select whether to use the same data layout for both Input and Output, or to use different data layouts for input and output.
- Select whether to use a comma as a decimal point in numeric data.
If selected, 9,999.99 becomes 9.999,99. This may be required for some European systems.
||In this version, Task Builder does not support the euro symbol (€) within copybooks. (The symbol can occur in the VALUE clause, or in the PIC clause.) To work around this, replace the euro symbol with the dollar sign ($) in the copybook. The dollar sign should be interpreted by the receiving host application as the currency it expects.
- Click Next.
- From the list on the left side of the screen, select the copybook(s) to use, and then to add them to the Program Input/Output Area(s) on the right, click Add (or use drag and drop).
If no copybooks are displayed, select the location where the copybooks you want to use are stored in the Look In field, and when you're done, click Next.
The order in which copybooks are placed must match the order expected by the host program. You can use the Move Up/Move Down buttons to rearrange the copybooks. The number of Program Input/Output Areas displayed (either one or two) depends on your selection on the preceding screen.
- Name your IMS program alias in the IPA Name field choose a name that is meaningful to you.
- (Optional) Add a description, and then click Save.
Your IMS program alias is saved in the following location and displayed in the table of existing IMS program aliases.
||You can save your IMS program alias without completing this procedure by choosing Save from the File menu. If you save an incomplete IMS program alias, it is displayed in the table of IMS program aliases with an asterisk beside its name.