Configuring a New Trace
Before you can start a trace, you must enable tracing. For more information, see Configuring Event Logging and Tracing.
Use the following procedure to configure tracing options in MCS.
|To configure a new trace
- In the MCS left pane under Services, click Tracing.
- Under Tracing, click Configure Traces.
- From the Configure Traces page, click New.
- From the New Trace dialog box, select a component (product) and the cluster and/or machine on which to trace the component, and then click OK.
||Select the option Show Machines in Cluster to display a list of machines in a selected cluster, from which you can specify a particular computer.
- From the Style list box, specify the type of trace to perform:
||To trace activities (tasks)
||For the selected component only.
||Between successive components.
- Repeat the preceding steps as needed to configure additional traces.
- When you have finished configuring new traces, click Save to save any new trace configurations.
For details on any of the options on this page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.