- In the MCS left pane, point to Products and then click Services Builder for IMS.
- Expand the Runtime Servers tree, expand your run-time server entry, then click Configure.
- From the Configure page, click the Logging/Tracing tab.
The Logging/Tracing dialog box displays.
- Select the types of events you want to log.
You can choose to log errors, warnings, and all other information.
- When you choose to log information, performance may be affected due to the large amount of data that will be logged. You may want to use this option only as needed, to debug a particular problem.
- To turn off logging to MCS, clear the options on the Logging/Tracing page.
- Select the location where you want events to be logged—events can be sent to one or both locations.
|Specify this location
|Log Events to MCS
||Send all events to the configured MCS server.
To view your Event log, open Services, select Events, and then choose View Events from the navigation tree.
|Log Events to Local File
||Write events to a specified file on the local run-time server. The default file name is
imsevents.log. This file is saved to the same location where the client program is running.
You can also specify a maximum file size as well as how to handle file back-ups.
- Click Save Configuration or proceed to step 4 of the procedure, To Configure Tracing.
For changes to take effect, you must re-start the run-time after saving any changed configurations.