Configure Tasks for Failover and Load Balancing
Associate your task with an agent cluster, then configure it to run on a list of registered run-time servers.
|To configure a task for failover and load balancing
- In the MCS left pane, under Tasks, choose Task Configurations.
- From the Task Configurations page, click the Add button.
The Add Task Configuration page appears.
- From the Task/Resource list, select the resource name for the task that you want to configure.
When you create a new task configuration, the Task/Resource name you select must match the task definition name you specified during design-time. The Task/Resource list contains the task definitions published to a particular MCS server or server cluster, plus any resource names that you have added. If the Task/Resource list does not contain the appropriate task definition name, you can add it by clicking Add Resource Name.
- From the Agent Cluster list, select the agent cluster that you want to associate with the selected task.
The Agent Cluster list contains all the agent clusters added to a particular MCS server or server cluster.
- Under Failover and Load Balancing, add the servers on which you want to run the selected task.
Once added, you can change the server priority with the Up and Down buttons.
- To enable load balancing for this task configuration, select the Enable Load Balancing, and then click OK.