Associate Your Task with a Run-time Server
The steps for associating your task with a run-time server are much the same as they are for configuring task failover. For detailed procedures to complete this step, see How-To Configure Task Failover and Load Balancing.
||You must have first published your task to MCS to complete this procedure.
|To associate your task with a run-time server
- If you have not already done so, add your client computer to an agent cluster.
You create agent clusters in MCS under Server Management.
- Under Services Builder for IMS, expand the Deployments tree, expand the Tasks tree, then click Registered Runtimes.
- Register your run-time server.
- Under Deployments and Tasks, click Task Configurations.
- From the Task Configurations page, click Add.
The Add Task Configuration page displays. A task configuration associates a task with an agent cluster that contains the client computers to which the task has been deployed.
- From the Task/Resource list, select the task that you want to configure.
- From the Agent Cluster list, select the agent cluster that contains the client computer on which the selected task will run.
- Click OK.
- Under Deployments and Tasks, click Registered Runtimes.
- On the Registered Runtime Server page, click the Apply All Changes button.
This will save the task configuration to the database and deploy the task configuration to the client computers contained in the agent cluster.
Tasks located on client computers will now run on the specified run-time server.