You can view any trace data that has been logged for MCS-managed products. You can view trace data from a currently active trace buffer or from a saved trace file.
|To view traces
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Tracing.
- In the Tracing tree, click View Traces.
The View Traces (Select File) page appears in the MCS right pane, displaying lists of both saved trace files and currently active traces.
- Do one of the following:
|To view trace data
|That has been saved to file
||Click a file name in the Save Traces list, and then click OK.
|From an active trace
||Click a configured trace from the Currently Active Traces list, and then click OK.
The View Traces page appears in the MCS right pane, displaying a list of Correlation IDs for the trace file or configured trace that you selected.
- From the Correlation IDs list, select one or more entries that you want to view, and then click Display Selected IDs. (To select multiple items, hold down the Ctrl key as you click each item.)
MCS contacts each computer that is associated with the selected Correlation ID, and obtains the trace data stored on that computer. A list of trace events associated with the selected Correlation ID(s) appears.
- To limit the list of Correlation IDs to one or more specific components (products), select or clear items in the product tree in the lower-left corner of the page.
Click next to a component, or double-click the component name, to expand the list of items.
- Click Apply to refresh the Correlation IDs list based on the selections you have made.
- Click an item in the list to view additional details about that item.
Details about the selected Correlation ID appear in the Trace Message and/or Trace Raw Data fields, below the event list.
- To display the trace raw data in a more readable format, select Display renderers.
The rendered data replaces the raw data (byte stream) displayed in the Trace Raw Data field.
If a product provides multiple renderers, click Select renderer to select a different renderer from those provided.
- To view the contents of another trace file, click View Other Files.
Select a saved trace file or a currently active trace and then click OK to view the contents of that file, or click Cancel to return to the current trace.
For details on any of the options on this page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.