Installing a License Certificate
In order to use licensing and metering for a client application, you must first install the license certificate for that client.
|To install a license certificate
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Licensing.
- In the Licensing tree, click Configure Licensing.
The Configure Licensing property pages appear in the MCS right pane.
- Click the Certificates tab.
The Certificates page appears.
For details on any of the options on this property page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click Add.
- In the Open dialog box, locate the license certificate (.xml) file.
The license certificate file is typically provided on the product's installation CD.
- Select the license certificate file and then click Open.
- When prompted, enter a description for the certificate and click OK, and then click OK to close the Certificate Install message box.
The certificate is added to the certificate list.
In addition, when you refresh the browser, a Metering node and a corresponding sub-node are added to the MCS Licensing tree. (The name of the new node is defined in the license certificate file.) These nodes allow you to access metering information for the corresponding client applications.