Associating Users with Groups
In addition to creating individual users in the MCS directory, you can associate one or more users with a group so that you can more efficiently manage your users.
|To assign one or more users to a group
- In the MCS left pane under Services, click Security.
- In the Security tree, click next to Directory Services, or double-click Directory Services.
- Click Directory.
- Do one of the following:
|Assign one or more users to a group
- Select a group or virtual group in the Directory list, and then click the Members tab.
- On the Members page, choose Add.
|Assign group membership to a user
- Select a user, group, or virtual group in the Directory list, and then click the Member Of tab.
- In the Member Of page, choose Add.
- From the Directory list in the Add Users/Groups dialog box, select one or more users and groups, and then choose Add.
The selected users and groups are added to the Assigned Users/Groups list. You can select users only from the Members page.
Repeat this step as necessary.
- Click OK to return to the Directory list.
||To view attributes for a user or group, select a user, group, or virtual group in the Directory list, and then click the Attributes tab.
To remove a user or group from the Assigned Users/Groups list, select the item and choose Remove.