Creating an Agent Cluster
Using MCS you can create clusters of one or more computers containing MCS-compatible products. Task failover and load balancing requires that your client be included in an agent cluster.
|To create an agent cluster
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Server Management.
The Server Management tree appears.
- In the Server Management tree, click Agent Clusters. This section of the tree appears only if at least one agent computer has registered itself with MCS.
The Agent Cluster Management page appears in the MCS right pane.
For details about this property page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the Current Agent Clusters list, right-click Agent Clusters, and then click Add Cluster from the shortcut menu.
- On the Add New Cluster dialog box, enter a name for the cluster and the IP address of the load balancer (router) that is configured for the new cluster, and then click Add.
The new cluster appears in the Agent Clusters list, and it is also added below the Agent Clusters item in the MCS Server Management tree.
- In the Current Agent Clusters list, click the name of the cluster to which you want to assign agents.
- In the Unassigned Machines list, click the name of the agent computer that you want to assign to the selected cluster, and then click Add>>.
Click to expand the Unassigned Machines list as needed.
The agent computer appears below the selected cluster in the Current Agent Clusters list, and it is also added below the Agent Clusters item in the MCS Server Management tree.