Configuring Agent Clusters
The following procedure describes how to associate an agent cluster with a particular MCS server, how to rename an agent cluster, how to change a cluster's IP address, and how to remove an agent cluster from MCS.
|To configure an agent cluster
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Server Management..
- In the Server Management tree, click Agent Clusters. This section of the tree appears only if at least one agent computer has registered itself with MCS.
The Agent Cluster Management page appears in the MCS right pane.
For details about this page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the Current Agent Clusters list, click next to Agent Clusters, or double-click Agent Clusters, to expand the Current Agent Clusters list.
- Do one of the following:
|To do this
|Assign an agent cluster to a server
- Right-click an agent cluster name, and then click Assign Cluster to MCS from the shortcut menu.
- In the Assign Cluster to MCS dialog box, select the desired MCS server and then click Assign.
The agent cluster is assigned to the selected MCS server.
|Rename an agent cluster
- Right-click an agent cluster name and then click Rename Cluster from the shortcut menu.
- In the Rename Cluster dialog box, enter a new name for the cluster and then click Rename.
The new cluster name appears in the Agent Clusters list, as well as in the MCS Server Management tree.
|Change an agent cluster's IP address
- Right-click an Agent cluster name and then click Change Cluster IP Address from the shortcut menu.
- On the Change Cluster IP Address dialog box, enter a new IP address of the load balancer (router) that is configured for the cluster and then click Change.
The new IP address is saved for the Agent cluster.
|Remove an agent cluster
- Click the name of the agent cluster you want to remove and then click <<Remove (or right-click the cluster name and then click Remove Cluster from the shortcut menu).
- If agent computers were assigned to the cluster, you are prompted to confirm the deletion click Yes to confirm the deletion.
The cluster is removed from the Current Agent Cluster list and any agent computers that were assigned to the cluster are returned to the Unassigned Machines list.