- In Task Builder for CICS, click the Task Definition button in the Task Builder Guide.
- At the bottom of the Task Definitions page, click the New button.
- From the table of host program definitions, select the host program definition on which to base this task definition, then click Next.
- Select the fields from the Input COMMAREA to use as inputs in this task, and add them under Input Fields on the right.
The client application will not be able to send data to any fields that aren't selected in this step.
- To add User ID and password as input fields, select the Add Security Fields check box.
- When you're finished adding input fields, click Next.
- Select the fields from the Output COMMAREA to use as outputs in this task, and add them under Output Fields on the right. When you're finished, click Next.
The client application will not be able to access any output fields that aren't selected in this step.
- (Optional) Modify properties for fields in this task definition.
These fields are already constrained by the copybook, but you can further constrain them.
- In the Task Definition Name field, type a name to use to identify this transaction.
Your task definition name must be unique among all task files and cannot begin with a digit. The name of your task definition is very important. Keep it handy, because it will be used in several configuration steps later in the process.
- In the Task File to Save In field, type a name to use to identify this task.
If the task file you name already exists, this task definition is appended to the existing file. If the task file does not already exist, it is created when you save this task definition.
||If you intend to generate Java Beans from your task definitions, be sure to follow appropriate naming conventions when naming your task definitions because your Java Bean names will be based on your task definition names. Identifiers in Java cannot include characters other than letters, numbers, the underscore (_), and the dollar sign ($).