Register an Application Server
Attachmate Synapta Services Builder support four J2EE-compliant application servers: BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Sun's SunOne, and Oracle AS. Before deploying an EJB to one of these application servers, you must first register the application server with MCS.
|To register a new application server with MCS
- Run MCS.
This procedure assumes that you've already configured MCS. For help with configuring MCS, see the Setting Up Centralized Management section.
- In the MCS left pane, point to Products and then click Services Builder for CICS.
- Under Deployments, click Registered AppServers.
- From the Registered Application Servers page, choose the Add button.
The Add Application Server page displays. The information required to add an application server is available from your application server administrator.
- From the Application Server Type list box, choose the type of application server you are registering.
||You cannot register both SunOne and WebLogic 8.1 application servers.
- In the Machine Name field, type the name of the computer where the application server is installed.
- In the Instance/Domain Name field, type the instance or domain name used by the application server.
Instance or domains are segments designated on the application server and are named by the application server administrator.
- In the Admin Port field, type the port number used by the application server.
- In the Admin Name field and Admin Password field, type the administrator user name and password for the application server software.
This password is encrypted, but does not use SSL security. To run in a secure environment, MCS should be running through a secure port.
- Click OK.