You can use the MCS console to view system events that have been logged for either MCS or any MCS-managed product.
|To view event logs
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Events.
The Events tree appears.
- In the Events tree, click View Events.
The View Events page appears in the MCS right pane, displaying the events that have been recorded to date in the current log file.
- In the lower-left corner of the page, select or clear the Error, Warning, and Information options to specify the types of event log entries that will appear in the event list.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, further specify the types entries that appear by selecting or clearing individual items in the tree.
Click next to an event type, or double-click the event type, to expand the list of items.
- Click Apply Filters to refresh the event list based on the selections you have made.
- Click an event in the event list to view additional details about that event.
Details about the selected event appear in the Event Message and/or Event Raw Data fields, below the event list.
For details on any of the options on this property page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the page.
- To view the contents of another log file, click View Other Files.
A list of existing log files displays. Select a file and then click OK to view the contents of that file, or click Cancel to return to the current file.